Author Topic: PCS250 how to set up on a Magellan 5050  (Read 684 times)

renedejager

PCS250 how to set up on a Magellan 5050
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:35:23 am »
Have a 5050 board bought from Alarmtec now have about 16 sensors in all many of them infra. My security company connected their radio to the phone connections and seem to get all alarms(pulse dialing) and other details such as when I log in with installer password. I connected the PCS 250 (also bought from alarmtec) with a non pin Vodacom sim. Setting the unit up is confusing. Think I have the cable connections right. Locations 811 have account number 3456 and 812 have 0000. I put in two Vodacom phone numbers the normal way 073238.... using 10 numbers each into loactions 815 and 816. I then went to location 805 which had only 6 and 8 set. I then set 2 as well. After a reset using 955 to force a module scan the sim unit appeared normal with gsm on and good signal strength. At 5pm I activated the shop alarm using the remote. Received no messages on 073238.... or the other phone.  5 Minutes later the security company called me while I was still on my way home. They receive a shop open ie alarm off while still talking to the operator she said no now she has a shop close ie alarm on. I went back and in front of the shop I pushed the info buuton on the remote. It showed red alarm activated. I went home. Two hours later the security company called and said they receive a shop open ie alarm off and then later alarm on again. I had to drive in to the shop and disconnect the PCS250 and in location 805 I switched option 2 off. I must also say the Magellan User guide on page 18 is confusing, the setup they have is not working with the 5050 unit it must be for some other system. I never even set the event call options as I do not know how and where. I want to leave the security companies connections as they are and only want to have the PCS250 report to me on GSM the same as what they see. I need this sorted as we have had 2 break-in's since 17 March this year and the alarm unit is a sensitive issue to me.

renedejager

Re: PCS250 how to set up on a Magellan 5050
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 07:23:38 pm »
I did get some help from Riaan at the shop. Could set the unit up using the procedure in the 5050 user manual. Installed two phone numbers and selected only alarms and activations to be reported via sms. The sms works fine and all of them come through on the cellphone. After the shop alarm is activated it takes about 40 minutes then the security company phones me and ask if I am at the shop as they get an alarm switched off (their text on their system says shop open) and then not long after that alarm switched on again.
To this if I select all reports to be sent to my phone then I get the sms 'GSM communication with control panel restored with date and time'. This happens every 40 minutes.
I then have to go into the shop again and disconnect the comms cable from the ebus to disable the PCS250. So I still have no luck as the system with the PCS250 is not reliable and I do not know which settings to enter on the 5050 to prevent this every 40 minutes thing. Without the PCS250 my system works fine with no errors at all.

renedejager

Re: PCS250 how to set up on a Magellan 5050
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:09:18 am »
I am still not sure why the PCS250 have the recurring communication alarm every 41 minutes. My sim is a Vodacom unit, I have not tried sims from other companies.  Pierre put in a lot of effort and have assisted me through Teamviewer and we replaced the both the MG5050 and the PCS250 but the error messages still occurred with the setup. The PCS250 unit works fine and all sms's go through perfectly on cell phones.
I did find out that the error can be prevented from going to the security monitor station by switching off option 5 in 5050 location 803. In fact on my 803 all 7 options are switched off. I have also increased location 855 time to 32 which then makes 64 sec. Look in the Magellan 5050 User guide page 18 and 19, make sure you only select the event call options 1 (Any alarm) and 2 (Arming and disarming) as the only options. Do not select 3 and 4 as then you get the nuisance errors every 41 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:32:39 pm by Pierre »